Since 2006, the Town of Dryden has provided more than $235,000 to Community Associations in Dryden for the benefit of the Dryden community. We applaud the volunteers of each Community Association for the work they do to strengthen our neighborhoods and enrich Dryden residents’ lives. This year there is $6,000 in funding available. Please review the grant guidelines carefully. The grant applications will be open starting on Feb 29th through April 1, 2016. Grant applications are due by April 1, 2016 by 4:30pm. The grant award process is competitive and subject to rigorous review by the Dryden Recreation and Youth Commission and Town Board. Awards will be announced by June 1st, 2016
This year all applications will be completed with a PDF or Word document file. (see below) All files must be submitted to the recreation director by April 1st, 2016 by 4:30pm. You can email, scan, deliver, fax, or mail your application.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicant must be (or have sponsorship from) a 501(c)3 organization, association, or institution located in the Town of Dryden whose primary mission is providing services to residents of Dryden. Proof of this status must be provided with the application with one of the following examples:
- New York State Charities Registration
- Determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3)
- Official authorization (on official stationary) as an arm of local government.
- Requests may be for programming and community events in the Town of Dryden.
- Projects must take place between January 1st and December 31st, 2016.
- The maximum request considered will be $1,000.00
- Projects must be open to, targeted to, available to, promoted to, and easily accessible to the general public of Tompkins County and not just an organization’s membership.
- The following cannot be funded through this program: Infrastructure or equipment repair/upgrades, operating costs such as salaries, newsletters, postage or website maintenance
- Projects must be completed by December 31, 2016 and a report submitted.
- Grant funds must be expended by December 31, 2016 and a report submitted.
2016 Community Grant Application Word Document
For Assistance please contact the Dryden Recreation Director Jennifer Jones at email@example.com or call 607-844-8888 x 4